Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I couldn't help but notice the resemblance...


When I saw this pic of Froome grimacing in Wednesday's individual time trial, I couldn't help but think he looked like Ridley Scott's Alien. Even his ungainly position on the bike resembles the brutal, emotionless killing machine from the movie series... elbows out, shoulders hunched and long lanky legs that seem to bend in multiple directions. 

I'm guessing right about now that most of the peloton would probably agree that there is more than just a passing resemblance. His performance has been nothing short of an otherworldly effort. He has shown no sympathy, no remorse, given no quarter and has in fact ferociously attacked his rivals at every turn.

On the climb up to Mont Ventoux it appeared that he would be the benevolent tour leader and let Quintana have the stage in exchange for working together...then he promptly chewed him up and spit him out over the last 1.2 km. No gifts... The Badger must have been loving it. 

I just hope his blood doesn't contain acid like the move monsters does...or any other unnatural substance for that matter.

There seems to be a nickname here somewhere, but I haven't come up with one yet - when I do you'll be the first to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment