Friday, June 14, 2013

Very nass...


Those who know me know I've been a Rapha nerd since day one. I love simplicity in design but high performance and quality are equally as important and they do each of those quite well. While the latter used to be suspect for the price level early on, in the last 4 years they have elevated their game to truly premium levels. 

What I really love about Rapha however, is their strong sense of cycling history and their attention to detail when creating products intended to convey the weight of cycling's most important routes, races and riders (hey, that flowed nicely). Their seasonal product releases in honor of the worlds greatest races have been some of my favorites, and their brand new "La Centieme" collection in honor of the 100th edition of Le Tour de France is absolutely no exception. 


The foundation of the collection is this specially commissioned mosaic graphic, composed of icons representing every tour champion since the inaugural race in 1903. This graphic is in some way represented on each piece in the group which includes a jersey, tee, cap, bidon, scarf and musette. I'd suggest you hurry over here and pick one up if interested, as most of these releases tend to sell out pretty quickly... I know because I've missed out on many of them, only to then see them on ebay for astronomical prices that make the msrp look downright affordable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment